Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Attention Fellow Infertile Myrtles

Warning: This post has no recipe, but there is one of my favs ready for tomorrow! Holla!

These last few weeks have been incredibly difficult for me.

It seems everywhere I turn there is another woman that I know embarking on a new journey to motherhood.

She is preparing for a child all her own.

A child she created and can feel growing inside her.

My heart is in turmoil.

They tell me their wonderful news and

my

heart aches.

So many feelings rush in. Anger, injustice, jealousy, pain, bitterness, betrayal...

I could really go on.

There are times I have to hold back a hurtful remark or a punch towards a nose! Let's face it, I'm far from perfect.

I may go home and cry under the covers for awhile and eat a few bites of healing chocolate... Ok, who am I kidding, a LOT of healing chocolate....

But time and time again, I find comfort in the arms of my Mister and I MOVE ON.

Did I tell you he rocks? Cause he does.


Here is my point- These feelings are OK!

No I am not saying it is appropriate to deck the newly announced expectant mother.

No. No.

It is ok to feel disappointed and depressed from time to time and frankly, inevitable.

But we can also BE GRATEFUL that there is someone out there that STILL WORKS! hee hee.

Be happy for your friend that she has this new miracle coming into her life.

Yes, it will still be difficult. It will always be difficult.

But the last thing you want is to destroy your friendships.

The key here?

MOVE ON

You can have your sad days, but you have to MOVE ON, count your blessings and go on about your life.

Ok, rant over.

Tomorrow? Mandi's Amazing Crepes! These things will rock your socks.

2 comments:

  1. Mandi, Mandi...my heart truly aches for you. I will pray for you even more, and I want to talk to you soon. I hope you know I'm here for you to talk and vent to, I care about you! I know I can't understand fully what you're going through, but I really want you to know how much I care about you and am sorry you're going through this. sending you all my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I really do feel for you and I want you to know that your are entitled to your feelings. Sometimes it is hard to be around others and you just want to crawl away and hide. It's the easiest thing to do, but you need support. Let people know that you're happy for them but to be respectful and keep their negative comments to themselves. You are incredibly strong and I admire your strength. Keep your loved ones close so times like these you can have someone to keep you company and be an ear for you. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop