Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Still Waiting...



So yesterday was MRI day.

Ready,
set,
go.....

I went in.
Filled out pointless paperwork.
Divulged my horrifying ID picture (The lady taking it even told me it was horrible.)
Put on scrubs.
Got stuck with a needle, again.
Peed.
Interrogated about my infertility.
Layed down on the table.
Interrogated some more by the technician.
"I know I'm NOT pregnant for the 80th time!"
Was covered with sand bags and some type of apron thing.
Put on ear phones.
Traveled into the big donut machine.
Tried to listen to crappy songs through the ear phones but could only hear the jack hammering machine for 20 min.
Exited the donut.
Injected with contrast dye.
Interrogated again.
Ventured back into the donut with my worthless, crappy music and headphones.
Listened to the jack hammer for another 5ish min.
Wanted to straighten my arm sooooo badly.
Finally exited the machine, for the last time.
Straightened my arm.
Interrogated some more, for the last time.
Got dressed.
Found The Mister in the waiting room (I love when he comes along.)
Felt HORRIBLE for the majority of the day due to the dye in my system.
Went back to my Mom's (since we live FAR FAR AWAY from the doc's) and snuggled with The Mister.

I don't find out the results of my MRI for a few days. The interrogating technician informed me that my doctor will have the results on Thursday. Depending on the results, Dr. Patel will either call me and tell me, or have me come in and discuss my options. I am hoping for the former.

Today was one of my depressing days. As much as I try to have good days everyday, It doesn't always happen. However, my depressing days are usually followed my some sort of creativeness. Today, I went out in the yard and took a picture of this cradle that I have. May not be much to you, but it is very symbolic to me. I think I will have it framed and put it in my room. It gives me hope. :-)

2 comments:

  1. You know, you are one awesome person. I wish I could be more like you. You have made me appreciate my kids so much more, and have given me a new perspective in life. I just wanted to say thank you. And also that I hope you and I can become closer friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen you are a peach. However, I promise you don't want to be like me. I'm an awful person sometimes... lol. Your kids are absolutely ADORABLE, and I want to pinch their cheeks when I see them. :-) And I would LOVE to hang out with you more often. Maybe we should have a dinner night sometime soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop