Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tag, We're it!


Those people ^^ up there....














ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!! (just one!)





TADA! 

Meet our little Snail Mail!


We are completely ecstatic! 

We went in to the Gyno to get an ultrasound to see if I had ovulated on my first cycle on clomid again.
I told the Dr. how I had, had 6 consecutive days of positive ovulation prediction tests and that I was worried that maybe my hormones were just off and that I hadn't ovulated at all. 
****(PCOS can cause you to have inaccurate ovulation prediction tests.)
She informed me that my progesterone levels (which is what they check to see if you have ovulated.) were over 50. They usually like to see them right around 10. 
This means I probably ovulated most of those 6 days!
She recommend I pee on a test and then go from there.
 Dr. Matthews came in with a little pee stick present!! 
Of course, I burst into tears and kept asking "really?!" 
Zane jumped out of his seat to look at the test and with tears in his eyes he asked, "so how accurate are these tests?" lol  (he also made me take one at home, just in case.)

The funny part here is the night before my appointment, I had registered and paid to participate in the TOUGH MUDDER that was going on this coming January.
Signing up for that race, to me, was realizing and acknowledging that getting pregnant wasn't something I could control. Nor was it something that may even be in my near future. I was letting go of all the depression and negative feelings I had about my body and my inability to have children.
It was such a release for me.
I had completely 
let
go.

What a blessing this journey has been. Infertility isn't over for me. It will be something I deal with for the rest of my life. But, oh, the things I have learned and experienced! In no way, shape or form would I ever wish this disease on anyone else. However, I can honestly say that even though it has been such an emotional roller coaster, I wouldn't change it for the world. Thank you everyone for your support and for letting me share my thoughts and feelings with you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop